THE LOCATION FOR THE NMCCS 17th ANNUAL CHARTER SCHOOL CONFERENCE HAS CHANGED
December 7, 8, 9, 2017
The new location for the conference will be at:
APS Lincoln Complex - “M” Building
915 Locust SE
Albuquerque, NM 87106
Please see the map to the new conference location. Parking will be at Milne Stadium which is just north of the M Building. (See map)
The NMCCS Conference will be held as planned. There will be some minor adjustments to the presentation locations but there won’t be any significant changes to the conference program.
We apologize for the last minute notice and for any confusion that may occur.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
We are very excited to announce the 2017 NMCCS Annual Conference in collaboration with Albuquerque Public Schools.
CONFERENCE TIMES: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (both days)
CONFERENCE CHECK IN: 7:00 am – 7: 45 am
There will be no refunds issued for cancellations after December 1, 2017. Refunds will not be given for No Shows to the event.
The theme of the conference is “Rising Up! Taking Charters to New Heights”. It will offer the highest level of professional development for teachers, instructional leaders, principals and other educational practitioners.
The conference strands include:
- Leadership and Management – Sessions on current leadership topics, financial, organizational management, facilities, charter school policy landscape
- Innovation and Teacher Practice and School Design – Sessions such as working effectively with PTSO or foundation, grant writing, differentiation utilizing learning styles, promoting staff longevity, STEM/STEAM, ELL strategies, special education inclusion strategies
- Overcoming Academic Barriers – Sessions such as promoting effective executive functioning skills, improving student attendance, gaining support of parents, promoting organizational skills, overcoming the effects of poverty on academic achievement
- Overcoming Social Emotional Barriers – Sessions such as gaining support of parents, social media issues, the middle school age, student self-reliance/help/advocacy, keeping the teaching real, student stress management, creating a positive, respectful environment, creating a non-threatening learning environment
Governing Council Training
NOTE: Governing Council Training is a completely different training and schedule.
- December 7, 2017 (First Year Governing Board Members Only)
- December 8 – 9, 2017 (Continuing Governing Board Members who need their annual training hours and New Governing Board Members who need their final 3 hours of the 10 hours of training)
On Line registration is now closed.
You may register at the door. You will need to bring a purchase order or a check with you.
On Line registration is now closed.
Friday’s training session is full. There is still space at the training on Saturday. You may register at the door on Saturday . Please make sure you bring a purchase order or a check.
NMCCS in collaboration with Albuquerque Public Schools would like to extend an invitation for you to participate in our upcoming annual conference as an exhibitor and/or sponsor. We expect approximately 250 attendees who will represent charter and district schools in New Mexico.
We are very excited to be holding the 2017 Annual conference at:
APS Rankin Professional Training Facility
720 Rankin Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87107
The exhibit area will be made up of six-foot tables. The fee for each exhibitor space is $700.00. Please see the “Sponsor/Exhibitor Form” (below) for detailed conference opportunities.
Sponsorships for breakfast, refreshment breaks and lunches as well as opportunities for color advertisement in our conference program are available. You may also sponsor the lanyards/name badges, conference bags or door prizes.
Please click on the Sponsor Form button to download the form. Please return your completed form along with payment (check or money order, please) by November 3, 2017.
If you have questions, please contact Donna Vanlandingham at email@example.com or (505) 842-8203.
5511 Office Blvd NE (1-25 & Jefferson)
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Attendees can reserve a room at TownePlace Suites at the conference rate of $89.00 - $94.00 per night. Please click on the button below to book your group rate for NMCCS and make your reservations.
You may also reserve a room by calling the TownePlace Suites directly at 505.345.3131. Make sure you mention that you are reserving a room for the New Mexico Coalition for Charter Schools conference in order to receive the conference rate.
Download the Agenda, Instructional and Training Schedule here:
There will be no refunds issued for cancellations after December 1, 2017.
Refunds will not be given for No Shows.