Mission Achievement and Success Charter School, named 2015 Charter School of the Year by the New Mexico Coalition of Charter Schools and A rated by the New Mexico Public Education Department is accepting applications for all positions for the 2018-2019 school year. We are located in Albuquerque and will be serving students in Grades K-12 in the 2018-2019 school year. Additionally, MAS Charter School was just approved to operate a second site and we will be opening a NEW school in the 2018-2019 school year. The second school site will begin with Grades K-1. The following positions are available for application for the upcoming school year.
Elementary Teachers (Grades K-5)
Middle School Reading
High School Reading
Middle School Math
High School Math
Physical Education (K-5)
You must be certified to apply for any of these positions.
We are seeking dynamic, energetic, motivated, and inspiring teachers with a record of success to teach our students and to become part of our growing team of educators. Interested applicants should apply for these positions by replying to this ad and attaching the following materials:
1) In the subject line of your email, please indicate the position you are applying for and the SCHOOL YEAR you are applying for. If you are applying for multiple positions, please send separate emails for each position you are applying. Please note that MAS hires during the current school year to train for the new school year, we highly encourage your application.
2) Attach a current resume
3) Attach an updated cover letter
4) Answer the questions below in the body of the email. Applicants MUST send ALL materials in order to be considered for any position.
We thank you for your interest in our school and welcome your application to be part of our team. For more information about our school, please visit our website at www.mascharterschool.com. Below you will find the questions that must be answered in the body of your email. Again, thank you for your interest in Mission Achievement and Success.
1. What in your judgment are the most important causes of student achievement?
2. Please rate your organizational skills on a scale of 1-10 and explain why you rated yourself in this manner.
3. Please identify three core characteristics that you believe educators must possess to be successful in serving MAS students and explain why you selected the characteristics that you did.
4. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your classroom management skills and why?
5. On a scale of 1-10, please rate your understanding and usage of standards for your content area and explain in detail, why you rated yourself in this manner.
6. Do you hold a valid, NM or another state teaching certification? If yes, please indicate the state and your certification area(s).