The minimum requirements for this job are as follows:
- Master’s Degree in Education, Public School Administration, Business Administration
- New Mexico Public Education Administrators License
- Elementary/secondary Teaching License
- Successful experience as an elementary/secondary teacher and administrator
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in the management of the instructional programs
- Demonstrated experience in setting short and long range goals
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and providing direction for staff.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Special education coordination/classroom experience preferred; familiarity with IEP's and special education laws, rules and regulations preferred.
La Resolana Leadership Academy is a charter middle school established in 2005 and is currently authorized by the Albuquerque Public Schools and serves students in grades 6, 7, and 8. LRLA has year-round enrollment and accepts students from all quadrants of the Albuquerque metro-area, Rio Rancho and Valencia county. LRLA serves the needs of students who need the security of a smaller learning environment to be successful; as well as students who are experiencing issues related to discipline or academic deficiencies particularly in reading and math. The school is committed to providing a safe, supportive and caring learning environment for all students. The staff at LRLA works to provide all students with the opportunity to acquire the necessary skills to improve academic achievement, personal leadership and the appropriate social and emotional skills in preparation for the challenges they will encounter in their work to graduate from high school. Students learn to think critically, become problem-solvers and are supported to become involved in the community through service learning and community service projects. Students are also encouraged to develop their character as it is the foundation of leadership and making healthy choices in their lives.
Manages all resources at the school including personnel, time, budget, equipment and materials.
Incumbent must achieve the following outcomes with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Supervises the development, implementation and maintenance of school policies and procedures.
- Supervises the coordination and implementation of the instructional program and ancillary and operational support programs at the school level and assists in their development.
- Serves as instructional leader at the school.
- Monitors school activities and policies for adherence to all district, state and national regulations.
- Assesses appropriateness of school services and programs.
- Makes changes in programs, personnel, facilities, materials and equipment following district policies.
- Encourages staff, students and community contributions to the school development whenever appropriate.
- Evaluates the work of school staff following district procedures and provides reports as required and provides or cooperates in staff member recognition or problem remediation as requested or required.
- Designs in-service training and staff-development programs at the school and conducts school staff meetings.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of applicants for school-based positions.
- Establishes programs and communication procedures to encourage committee participation, student organizations, community support and extra-curricular activities.
- Develops and maintains student discipline procedures following established guidelines.
- Develops budget recommendations for the school and manages all funds allocated to or generated at the school site.
- Supervises the development and maintenance of a school environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Establishes policies and procedures to ensure the safety of students, staff, facilities and equipment.
- Supervises the preparation and maintenance of all records and reports as required at the school.
- Supervises (if applicable) the Assistant Principal in the areas of curriculum, attendance, building and grounds, and discipline.
The following are leadership essay topics:
- Essay #1: Demonstrate your impact on improving student achievement
- Essay #2: Demonstrate your impact in one of three areas: 1. teacher practice; 2. school culture and climate; 3. engagement of multiple stakeholders towards positive school change.
Submit 3 References (5 if available): Please be sure that one of your references is your most recent employer. If you do not wish to provide your most recent employer, please explain why in detail.
The deadline for application is September 4th unless filled prior to that date.