Opening Date: 02/01/2019
Deadline Date: Open Until Filled
|School Name:||Turquoise Trail Charter School|
|School Address:||13A San Marcos Loop, Santa Fe, NM 87508|
· Teaching license from the State of New Mexico with special education endorsement
· Prior work experience as an instructional leader in special education setting
· Successful completion of a background check
· Ability to create an effective working relationship with School personnel
· Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate details with others
· Demonstration of effective classroom management techniques using 21st century classroom skills
Turquoise Trail Charter School, the oldest charter school in New Mexico is adding a full time leader to our SPED department. SPED Director must have team leadership experience, the required NM licenses and endorsements to teach K-8 special education. TESOL or Bilingual endorsements are preferred, as well as a Master’s degree.
· Displays organization and leadership of a comprehensive special education program, including supervision of contracted ancillary providers.
· Employs management skills to ensure efficient operation by adhering to regulations while maximizing effectiveness of SPED staff and contractors
· Understands and can administer the IEP process and required documentation
· Supervises SPED staff and provides timely and meaningful data to administration
· Provides meaningful feedback to students and parents via frequent and documented assessments
· Coordinates delivery of instruction provided by SPED staff as required under individual learning plans
· Fosters a collaborative environment that is conducive to learning and student growth
· Ensure a sustainable relationship with parents, students, school personnel and members of the public by communicating in a confidential, polite and refined manner.
· Assume duty schedule as required
· Seek opportunities for personal learning through continuing education offerings