Each Member Charter School is entitled to the following:
- Advocacy efforts from NMCCS' Executive Director & Staff
- Discounts on an array of trainings, conferences, and seminars including Governance Council Trainings & the Annual Charter School Conference
- Technical Assistance from a team of experts to support your school's performance and priorities
- Access to our web-based Members Only Resource Center; including handbooks, policies, governance documents, and more
- Updates on legislative and regulatory policies
- Coalition Newsletters- The Charter Chapter
- Job Postings for your school on the NMCCS website
- Membership meetings
- Guidance on applying new legislation to your charter school
- Liasion to the NM Public Education Department
How does NMCCS advocate for my charter school?
Specifically, NMCCS advocates for Charter School quality, growth, and autonomy. NMCCS does this by working with the members of the Legislature, NM Public Education Department, businesses and other educational entities to promote charter schools in NM.
How does NMCCS communicate with its members?
- Regional Meetings: we will be hosting regional meetings throughout the year
- Emails: for sheer efficiency and expediency most communication to the schools will be in this format and sent to the School Leader/Principal
- Telephone: our offices are open 5 days a week, 505-842-8203
- Social Media: find us on facebook by searching for 'The New Mexico Coalition for Charter Schools'
Become a Member
The New Mexico Coalition for Charter Schools is the state’s only membership organization dedicated to supporting the efforts of our charter schools to raise student academic achievement. Membership not only offers a cost savings to your schools but also solidifies the growth and autonomy of the NM state charter school movement. Learn more about the membership benefits.
Membership refers to Charter Schools only; not companies or other non-profit organizations. To become a Member Charter School with NMCCS, please contact Gilda Goldner, Director of Member Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 505-842-8203