This year NMCCS is offering two courses for Governing Council Training.
The Course I training modules have been closed as of March 31, 2017
Course II (which will be available after March 1) is for those who you took the on-line training in the spring or have been on a school board for more than 3 years.
Please contact Donna Vanlandingham at 842-8203 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Click on the course tabs below for more information. (NOTE: You will need to select which course you will be signing up for on the registration form below as well.)
The Course I training modules have been closed as of March 31, 2017.
Please click on the "Course II" tab for instructions for board members who have previously taken the on-line training or have been on a school board for MORE than 3 years.
These instructions are for Course II only. If you have not previously taken the on-line training or have been on a school board for LESS than 3 years, you will need to take Course I.
Course II is for those board members who have previously taken the on-line training or have been on a school board for MORE than 3 years.
- A purchase order is required to complete the registration process. During registration, you will be creating a new user account (username and password) which will allow you to access the training modules. Be sure and save this information.
- Complete and submit the registration form. After submitting your registration form, you will receive an email requesting that you verify your account. (Make sure you also check your Junk mail) If you do not verify the account by clicking on the required link, your account will be not activated. This is a necessary security measure.
- You may then access the trainings by clicking on the “Access Course II Training Modules” link on the website and logging in using the username and password that you created or you can access the trainings by clicking on the link that is in your verification email.
- Once you have finished reviewing the module, you will need to take the quiz at the end of the module by clicking the “Take Quiz” button. When you have finished the quiz, make sure you click “submit”. Your test will be graded and the results sent back to you. The passing score for each test is 80%.
- Once you have completed the required training hours, a certificate of completion will be sent to the school.
If you have any questions about registration, please contact Donna Vanlandingham at email@example.com.
There are (8) 30 minute modules and (2)1 hour modules to choose from. GC members must complete a total of 5 hours.
- Effective Committees (30 minutes)
- School Finance – Part I (30 minutes)
- School Finance – Part 2 (30 minutes)
- School Climate (30 minutes)
- GC Self Evaluation (30 minutes)
- Evaluating Head of School (30 minutes)
- Strategic Planning (30 minutes)
- Succession Planning (30 minutes)
- Governing Boards and High Performing Charter Schools (1 hour)
- Charter School Performance Contract and Frameworks (1 hour)
GOVERNING COUNCIL ON LINE TRAINING
Please fill the form below to register.